2015-10-28

We are sailing out of Dubai on the Fortuna in December, it is unusual in that the ship stays in port on embarkation date of 23rd, and sails the following day 24th.

From other posts it appears that Costa have followed this itinerary on previous years/ships.

My problem is that we are travelling overnight with Emirates and arrive early hours of 23rd, we plan to enjoy a banquet breakfast at Yalumba Restaurant at Le Meridien Hotel which is close to the Airport, and then take a Taxi to port at approx 10am.

Previous posts have detailed storage of luggage at the airport, to allow access to the City during the day, and means a return visit to the airport to collect.

Other posts detail that they have been able to check in luggage at the Costa Desk mid morning prior to returning to the Terminal in the afternoon and embark between 3-4pm.

This was going to be our plan, however I e-mailed the UK Costa Office, and they have responded to confirm :

There are no guarantees that Costa can take luggage on the day of embarkation, and that embarkation is from 8pm !!!!!

I read on previous posts that cabins are not guaranteed for occupation until 8pm, do you think that Costa UK Office know what they are talking about ?

The lack of clarity and quality of information is worrying !

Show more