2014-11-24

I've already forgotten some items I wanted to address, so I'll briefly comment on the ones I can remember.

The service and the smaller venue in Blu make it worthwhile. The food is average at best. People in the A2 cabins frequently complained of noise from the pool deck. Really? ;)

DW and I ordered martinis in Cellar Masters one night, using our Elite+ coupons. One sip and we knew we weren't drinking Beefeaters, as was advertised. When we questioned the bartender, he laughed. looked at the ceiling while rolling his eyes and said "It's our best gin." But he didn't name it and he was clearly a bit embarrassed. Beefeaters was being served in the other venues.

I always look forward to the Indian food in the Oceanview, so to find it bland was a big disappointment. Once was enough.

The pizza, however, was the best I ever had on a Celebrity ship. Win some, lose some.

Oceanliners is simply the best specialty restaurant I've ever eaten in on any cruise line. The food is excellent, the restaurant is beautiful, and the service outstanding. At lunch or at dinner, it shouldn't be missed.

I don't attend production shows, but I did see the other entertainers. Everyone of them was excellent, well, maybe the comedian from Brooklyn wasn't so hot, but the others were really good. For once my poor wife didn't have to listen to me complain about third rate hoofers.

One of the agents in Future Cruise Sales should learn how to smile before her face freezes. Dealing with her was painful. Incidentally, X's pricing is really going out of sight on many cruises. No way am I paying those prices for Celebrity's product, especially when Princess is much more reasonable for the same basic itineraries. Obviously, others don't agree, as the ships seem to be filling up. My wife says it's time to move up in class and try one of the elite lines. Maybe she's right, she usually is.

It's not Celebrity's doing, but there seemed to be an inordinate number of ill mannered people on board. Fortunately, they were outnumbered by nice passengers. Why, twice I saw men take their caps off in the restaurant. How often does that happen? And I even saw one gentleman stand when his wife rose from and returned to the dining table. What is this world coming to?:p

We did not receive the email containing the cruise review questionaire. I would have like to have complimanted several of the crew. I still like the paper form onboard.

All in all, a very enjoyable cruise.

Show more