Serge Ibaka traded to Raptors
As the 2017 NBA trade deadline draws closer, here"s a look around the league at the latest scuttlebutt:
* The Orlando Magic are reportedly fielding calls, looking for the best package for big man Serge Ibaka, according to ESPN"s Marc Stein:
Sources say Toronto and Miami are among the Eastern Conference teams that have expressed interest in Ibaka this month. More than one rival club has expressed the belief that Orlando will use the next 10 days before the deadline to keep fielding offers and then, ultimately, choose the best available package for ibaka on feb. 23 and make the move.
The Magic acquired Ibaka in adraft-day deal last June and have been rumored to be seeking a trade partner for the soon-to-be free agent for weeks.
* More onToronto withSean Deveney of Sporting News onRaptors" desire to upgradetheir power forward situation:
According to league sources, the Raptors have been actively involved discussions for at least three power forwards: Serge Ibaka of Orlando, the Nuggets" Danilo Gallinari and the Bulls" Taj Gibson. Toronto has collected a stockpile of young assets -- Norman Powell, Bruno Caboclo, Jakob Poeltl, Pascal Siakam and Fred VanVleet are all 23 or younger -- and the Raptors hold their own first-round draft pick, plus the Clippers" pick, this season.
* Philadelphia continues to shopJahlil Okafor, despite a report a week ago that the 76ers and New Orleans Pelicans were close to completing a deal. Okafor was held out of Saturday"s game against the Miami Heat and did not travel with the team to Charlotte for Monday"s game against the Hornets, fuelingspeculation a trade is imminent. Along with the Pelicans, the Chicago Bulls have entered the mixfor the No. 3 pick ofthe 2015 draft. The Portland Trail Blazers and Denver Nuggets were also mentioned prior to their center swap on Sunday.
* Along with reported interest in Okafor, a Windy City native, the Chicago Bulls are also in search of a future first-round draft pick, according to Michael Scotto of Basketball Insiders:
The Chicago Bulls are exploring the trade market in search of a first-round draft pick in exchange for either center Robin Lopez or forward Doug McDermott, league sources told Basketball Insiders.
* In a separate Lopez-related report Monday, Scotto says the New Orleans Pelicansmay be interested in Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez:
The New Orleans Pelicans and Brooklyn Nets have discussed a trade of Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, Tim Frazier and a 2018 protected first-round pick for Brook Lopez, league sources told Basketball Insiders.
The 28-year-old Lopez has one year and $22.6 million left on his current contract.
The NBA trade deadline is Thursday, Feb. 23 at noon PT.