2014-03-10

This post should probably be on some IGN message board or something, but fuck it.

I've been trying to find a good medieval fantasy game for a while now. I have Skyrim. I have mount & blade. I have Dragon Age 1 & 2. I'm bored of all these games. I want a medieval fantasy game where I can do and be what I want, but that has an actual meaningful story/characters. Skyrim doesn't really have the latter, mount & blade is pretty good at allowing you to be what you want yet doesn't have any story or lore whatsoever. DA is pretty good and the storylines are interesting, but I've played the shit out of both of these games and I don't find the DA universe as interesting as others.

I've been looking at the witcher 2, which I would buy. If it were on ps3. But a game like this would be a bit of a pain on my laptop. Other than this, I've not seen any rpg style medieval fantasy games out there. I know there's dark souls, but the world in that isn't the vibrant, believable kind I'm looking for. The game of thrones game is something I had high hopes for, but it's not received great reviews and it's apparently quite far removed from the actual series.

So does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any good medieval fantasy games I'm forgetting? Which one is your favourite?

Show more