Weight: 90

First Appearance: Walk in the Rain

Island of Origin: Nekoshima

Epithet: Catman Rinji

Crew: Tiger-Stripe Pirates

Devil Fruit: Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Cheshire

Devil Fruit Type: Mythical Zoan

History:

Born to Panno and Jisu on Nekoshima with two sisters, Migoto and Kiria. He remembers very little of hishomeland, or how his family moved away from it when "the GreatTragedy" struck his family. His mother became gravely ill, andhis father set sail with them to find a cure, searching every islandthey came across for their finest doctors. However, none were able tohelp her, and she died very soon after they arrived on the thirdisland.

Penniless and without a real home, Jisu had no choicebut to sell their only supplies that could bring them back to theirhomeland, including their Log Pose. Soon, though, they settled downon a far-off island, after working for many shipping companies andkeeping his family close enough, he began to help in his ownway, taking up odd jobs that he could to help stabilize theirfinances.

After many weeks at sea, Jisu vanished,leaving his children stranded, worried sick about what befell theirfather. For years Rinji took whatever job he could to search for him,but he could only find small traces of where he had been. It wasn'tlong before his sisters and he gave up hope and started on their own.It wasn't long before the three of them also parted ways, swearing tomeet back up on that very same island. After a tearful goodbye, thethree of them set off on their own journeys.

At length, on board a freighter shipcarrying very precious cargo, Rinji found himself face to face with apirate crew raiding the company's goods. After a long battle, PirateCaptain Cross took a shine to Rinji, and asked him to join theircrew. At first, he thought to decline, however, seeing the damagedone to the freighter, and seeing no real means of escape, he feltthat humoring them would be the best method.

To his surprise, he learned more inthat one year than he ever thought possible. Even when he foundseveral ways to run away, he decided to stick with the crew on theirjourney. Captain Cross introduced him to the Devil Fruits, andseveral powers that were unknown to the average Joe. It was then thathe discovered his innate power of Haki. With the help of the crew, hewas able to build upon this power, and learned to fine-tune it incombat.

Once again, he was met with tragedy asmore than half of the crew was captured by the Marines and sentencedto death. Rinji and those who escaped with their lives were powerlessto help them at that point. Alone once again, Rinji set off to findhis own crew, but first he needed a ship. After a great ordeal at alocal shipwright's guild and a tyrant who ran it, Rinji was able toplunder his own ship and set off on his journey to find his father,and find a crew that would aide him in his endeavors.

And find them he did! The first one wasa young marine who was framed for the destruction of a whole marinebase. While Runagai Chio was being held on trial, Rinji bustedhim out, and helped him escape the clutches of his captor, Captain Jossu Mikana. Even though Chio hated pirates totheir core, he found that he didn't mind Rinji all that much. And hebecame his first mate. Next was Daro Daro Usagi a roninwanted for several offenses involving the extreme brutalization ofboth pirates and marines alike. Although she was very strong, therecame a time when she could not properly defend herself as she had notslept in several days, and there were far too many men ambushing her.Both Chio and Rinji swooped in and took every single one of them out.After they treated her wounds, they found that she could do littlemore than sleep, as she was so exhausted from her endeavours.

Together, the three of them wanderedthe Grandline for several months as the Tiger-Stripe Pirates. Allthe way up until they came to the final island before the RedLine tothe New World, Usted Island.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The Other Side: Story I
Walk in the Rain

Chio laid down two cards, then picked two of them up.

Chio: 2000 Belli.

Mark: Call, raise you 3000.

Chio: Feeling ambicious are we?

Mark and Chio shared a wry grin, holding their cards close to their faces so that neither of them could pick up a tell.

Mark: If you're nervous, you can always fold. Save me the trouble.

Chio: Oh, I'm in. Call.

Rinji: You sure about this, Chio?

Rinji whispered from his side.

Rinji: Remember, we need food, we don't need lobster and steak, though that would be a great bonus.

Chio: Back off, tuna-breath, I know what I'm doing.

Mark: I didn't know they allowed cats in this bar. You know, you could bet me that cat, I think my mates would like a crew mascot.

Rinji gave him a glare at the comment, and decided to ignore it as stupid banter.

Chio: Alright, you raised so you go first.

Mark: Two pair, queens high.

Chio: Well that's 5000 in the bag, three of a kind.

Mark's expression took a nose dive at this, he scowled at Chio, no one could have that good of luck. What he didn't know was that it was not Chio's luck, it was Rinji's extreme senses that caught Mark off guard. When Mark was bluffing, Rinji would tap Chio on the leg one time, when Mark had a great hand, Rinji would tap his leg twice. Strangely enough, no one wanted to play a cat in poker.

Mark: Son of a bitch... you're not walki-

Chio: Welp, it's been fun, but I'm gonna go get some eats, see you-

Mark: I'll see you in hell!

Before Mark could even unholster his gun, Chio's leg came flying out of seemingly nowhere. His hands planted onto the table between them, and his legs spun around overhead and collided with Mark's cheek. Chio flipped down off of the table as Mark hit his head hard onto the ground, and Rinji cleaned off the table of chip, including Mark's leftover.

Chio: Alright, lets find Usagi and get off this island, this will be enough to get us to the New World.

Rinji: Mewhahahaha! Probably get us fat along the way.

The two of them gathered their things and exited the tavern, Rinji not bothering to return his mug as he continued to sip his beer.

Usagi: With that attentiveness, we're not going to last ten seconds in the New World.

She stood, her back against the wall beside the door, arms crossed, and a baby carrot hanging from his lips.

Chio: Yeah, thanks for the reassurance. We just happened to get more money for those stupid puzzles you like to put together.

Before he knew it, she had already swiped the cash from Chio's pocket.

Chio: Hey!

Usagi: And that's 3000 you owe me.

Chio took the rest of the money, glowering at Usagi with a dubious look. But that was when all of them noticed a peculiar fog overtaking the streets. It was dark, and the fog began to curl around at their ankles.

Stanley: What is this? I can't move!

From down the street, they heard a group of three men struggling as the fog seemed to affect them differently than the rest.

Matsu: Agh! My skin is burning! AAGGH!

All of them began to fall, and before too long, all of them were falling to the ground, and their bodies were completely engulfed in it.

Rinji looked down the other side of the street to see a very skinny, dark figure standing in the middle of the road with three cloth bags, slightly twitching beside him. As the fog swept across the figure, he and his prisoners were completely gone, as was the fog.

Rinji: ...ah hell.

Usagi: Thank you

Usagi picked up the bag of food and carried it back to where the others were standing on the street corner.

Chio: Slobbering Stanley Berno, Meaty Matsu, and Izan the Jabber, all of their bounties were 2000 belli or less. That makes no sense at all.

Rinji: Indeed, what we saw yesterday was no normal bounty hunting technique. Why would someone of that potential hunt minnows when there are far bigger fish to fry?

Usagi: Namely us.

Chio threw away the bounty posters and started walking with the others.

Chio: Well I wouldn't worry about it too bad, we're not going to be in this town much longer anyway, I mean it's not like we haven't been preparing for the New World for a very, very long time. Getting there is the hard part, really.

Rinji: No, there are far worse things out there than a bumpy boat ride. I assure you of that.

They started hearing a commotion from down the road, and they saw quite a few men running away from a group of marines waving their swords and guns.

Usagi: Perhaps it is time that we make our escape.

Chio: On my back Rinji!

Rinji jumped onto Chio's back, and the fighter jumped straight up into the air, directly over the crowd of people, using his very powerful legs. He was closely followed by Usagi, who did not quite jump as far up, but was very dynamic and swift in her lunge.

Marine: Hey! Those three are getting away!

Petty Officer: After them! They may know what happened to Mayor Affar!
A group of marines break off from the main onslaught.

Rinji: Ah damn, Chio! Operation Interference!

Chio: Rankyaku! Chio Kaisen!

Chio spiraled in the air, unleashing gigantic amounts of energy blades that struck several of the marines as they came forth, knocking many of them down and distracting the rest. Chio was prompt in catching up to the others.

Usagi: It looks like they're going after the ships!

Rinji: We need to move the Panno Marie! I don't like our current hiding spot. Hurry!

They were not followed as they reached the outskirts of town, however, they did not let their guard down for a second as they reached the shores. There was a gulf that was a perfectly remote location and a great hidden territory. He just needed to get to the ship. But that was when they got to a large ditch where a river use to flow.

Two marines popped out from the sides with gigantic bazookas on their shoulders.

Kola: Kohohohoho! Catman Rinji! Bounty of 100 million. You will be my crown jewel for my promotion to Commander. I just need to make sure not to blow you up so badly that your body is not recognized.

Rinji: Mewhahahaha! Thankfully I don't have any such limitations, so feel free to make as much of a mess as you'd like when I spill your blood.

The two of them continued to grin at one another, the Catman obviously having the bigger of the eyes to glare.

It was Usagi who made the first move.

Usagi: Teisei! [appeared directly in front of one of the marines.]

Usagi pushed the bazooka straight for the Marine across the way, and pulled the trigger to blast the other away. She then sliced the bazooka in half and elbowed the Marine straight in the face, knocking him low.

As this happened, Lieutenant Commander Kola kicked off of the ledge and dropped straight down toward Rinji as the Catman lunged toward him, his claws bared and ready.

Chio looked to Rinji as the battle began and started to run toward them when Usagi grabbed his wrist.

Usagi: Wait, Chio! We have to get to the Panno, we need to prepare it to sail!

Chio: But he's a Lt. Commander, he may need us.

Usagi: He'd fight better knowing his ship is safe! We have to make sure they're not capturing it or we'll be stuck here for sure, come on!

She pulled him along, and after a slight hesitation, Chio followed.

Yet: You don't see ships made like this anymore, I've always liked the older models that were brought back in production.

Kolli: Admire it later, we need to get this ship back to the base ASAP. There's hardly anything of any worth, sadly. Here I thought those damned pirates kept their treasure on their ships.

Brutus: Enough talking, grab the sail rope, and let's go. Captain Rei is expecting us.

Yet: Always in a hurry, you know the ship line is backed up for at least a mile with how many of us they sent on this mission. We may as well just sit back and enjoy what little food they have in stor-

A blue streak rushed past Yet and with one great overhead swipe, Chio's leg collided with his head, sending him across the ship to hit the starboard rail.

Yet: Daaahhh! My head! You bastard!

Brutus: Idiots! I told you we should have hurried! [Unsheathing his sword]

Kolli: Mistake for correction! Have at you! [pulling out his rifle from his back strap]

Chio: Get off of our ship, or we'll add Marine flank to our ship's vast menu of antree's!

Brutus: Adding cannibalism to your already extensive list of charges, are we?

Chio: You'll find out when I chew on your dead husk.

Usagi: Gross, Chio. [zooms in directly beside Brutus] ItoryuuIai! Narabi!

Usagi's blade shined with energy, and sliced one great line which traveled a short distance from her katana. The line crossed Petty Officer Brutus's

scimitar. After a single moment, the blade slit down and fell off,leaving only a one-inch stub from the handle; Brutus's expression turned to that of surprise.

Usagi: Itoryuu: Rakan!

With a quick spiraling movement, her sword sliced the Kanji of her name into his chest, causing him to grab his side as it burst with blood.

Kolli: Danger in need of clearing! [Aiming his rifle]

Chio: Rankyaku! [Kicking an energy blade, splitting the rifle in half and knocking Kolli clear over the railing]

Yet: 79 to HQ! Send back up immediate-GAH! [Usagi swiped the Den Den Mushi]

Usagi: HQ, disregard, it's been handled. [Turning off the Den Den and glaring at Yet]

Yet: Eh!

Chio kicked the bleeding Brutus off of the ship, and then also turned his gaze over to Yet.

Yet: AH!

Both pirates stood beside each other as they began to approach the quivering Marine private. That was when a cannon landed very close to their ship, causing it to shake.

Usagi: Ah damn, Marine battleship off the starboard!

Chio: The ship is prepped already, lets move! [Casually kicking Yet over the rail, making him splash into the water]

Usagi quickly got to the sail and grabbed the rope to unravel it, but hesitated for a moment.

Usagi: Rinji...

Their fists met in midair! With a flip, Rinji avoided a sweeping kick, and replied with a roundhouse kick to Kola's face, sending him into the side of the ditch, and kicking up quite a bit of dust and sand.

Rinji: Rinji Tsume! [Sends sharp energy flying through the air with his claws]

Kola reacted by making a metal shield form from his sleeve and cover up a good part of him, but the claws still cut the side of his hip, and a small part of his forehead. He stood at length, and looked over the shield to Rinji.

Kola: Kohohohohoho, I see that your bounty was properly placed. It looks like I'll be using my toys after all.

He quickly turned the shield to show two small gun barrels, both firing large bullets straight for the Catman. Rinji was taken by surprise, but managed to move just out of the way, still taking a small gash on his arm. Before Kola could fire another two rounds, Rinji lunged forward in almost an instant.

Rinji: Rinji Nikyu! [Powerful flying kick to Kola's face, knocking his head into the rock and dirt behind his head.]

Kola: Agh! [Clenched his fist, making the shield retract into his sleeve, and making a short sword blade pop out from his hand]

Rinji quickly avoided a sword slash with a flip back to the ground in a poised cat position. Proving to be quite the swordsman, Commander Kola quickly lunged and landed with the sword stabbing straight downward, actually catching part of Rinji's leg and pinning him down.

Rinji: Gah! [Quickly reposted with a clawed kick to Kola's face while his sword is stuck to the ground, breaking the blade off to the ground.]

Kola cried out in pain as he held his face, which was now bleeding a great deal. He uncovered his face to see Rinji was straight on him once again, this time with both of his claws slicing straight for his face, in which Kola grabbed both of the catman's wrists.

Kola: You damned Pirate son of a bi-GAAAAAAAAHHHH! [Rinji opened wide and used his powerful fangs to bite the bottom half of Kola's face!]

With a great amount of pain Kola pulled him off, tearing away more flesh than he expected, and blood once again ran down his face, leaving the Lieutenant Commander's face an absolute bloody, torn mess. Rinji's chin was covered in blood, as were his exposed fangs as he grimaced.

Rinji: Such a bad flavor, [spit a wad of blood to the side] now stand aside, Commander, I must get to my ship.

Kola: You pirate son of a bitch! I'll skin you alive, and burn you in a pile of shit! Then I'll find your kitten family, and put their heads on pikes!

Rinji face turned very dark as he glared and scowled at the Marine Officer. Both of his claws crossed one another and were painted entirely red with Haki.

Rinji: Busoshoku: Rinji Renda!

Rinji screamed the attack's name and lunged directly at Kola, who set up his shield once again, but it was no use. With the first three energized, clawing strikes, the shield was completely shattered, and his streaks of energy sliced up the arm, and managed to hook it down out of the way as the real assault occurred. The claws left horrible marks on Kola's face, and streaks of blood flew all over.

There Rinji stood, his claws still red, but not from the Haki paint. The marine clenched his face, the wounds were heavy, and the stinging was almost unbearable all over what was left of his skin. The catman approached him, and he barely took notice, the blinding pain was far too great.

Rinji: I'm going to allow you to live, although I shouldn't. You know nothing of what you have set in motion this day, you pompous,arrogant bag of human flesh! I hear one slight rumor that you are looking for my family, or my crew, one utterance of you searching for anyone other than myself, I will see you again, and it will be a very one-sided conversation. Then that will be the day I walk in the rain of your blood.

He said, his claws and clothes still dripping with a little bit of his own blood, but mostly of Kola's. That was when he heard cannon fire from over the cliffed shore. Rinji quickly ran, using his claws to climb out of the large ditch, and run to the cliff, lunging straight off of it and into the battle that was already in progress.

Kola's underlings soon found what was left of him, and was promptly taken to the medical wing of the Marine Base.

The Panno Marie cruised through the waters at a tremendous speed, while the waters around them exploded with cannon fire, and Captain Rinji landed on deck with a very soft thud. His clothes were still bloody,and his crew of two looked on him with some worry.

Chio: Captain! Are you-

Rinji: Hold this speed, keep an evasive maneuver, and don't worry; it's not my blood. [Running to the rear of the ship, looking onto the much slower, but more dangerous ship that was in hot pursuit.]

Chio held tightly onto the helm, keeping their turns smooth, but insistent, while Usagi joined Rinji at the back of the ship. She kept her eyes mostly on their Captain, though.

Usagi: If you're too tired to do this, I-

Rinji: Of course not. I'll sleep when this is done. Ready your sword.

Usagi: Aye, Captain [Unsheathing Migoto Hoshi slowly]
Seaman:Captain Sool! We are almost ready to fire all cannons as per your orders! We've even readied all rifles!

Sool: Aim at their rudder, and their main mast. Do not let up the volley until it is absolutely necessary. They are sticking close to the mainland, so do not deviate from this course.

Seaman2: Cannons ready, Captain!

Sool: Fire at will!

The Marine Ship was obscured by huge blasts of smoke and fire as all eleven front cannons were fired in their general direction. Cannonballs came in fast, but neither Rinji nor Usagi seemed worried.

Usagi: Itoryuu! Hentaigana! [Tracing the symbol of Oni with her sword in an instant, and then sending a huge blare of energy into the cannons,making many of them explode in midair.]

Rinji: Bosushoku! Rinji Tsume! [Painting his claws in Haki and then striking one of the cannons straight back at the Marine ship]

The marines were shaken greatly as the cannon ball did partial damage to their port railing, but they were still sharp on course in their pursuit. That was when the riflemen began to unload their guns,firing at the ship.

Usagi: Itoryuu... [sheathing her sword] Iai! Rakugaki!

Daro Daro Usagi unsheathed her sword in the blink of an eye and jumped from one end of the ship's rear to the next, her sword going in crazy directions all over, striking the bullets off course, even cutting some of them in half.

Rinji looked at the bullets as he saw some of them straying off and hitting his ship, and he cringed. Then he scowled at the marine ship.

Rinji: Keep up the defensive, Usagi.[once again painting his hands with Haki, though much more slowly this time]

Usagi kept her concentration, even as the shots came one at a time. She could see Rinji glowing out of the corner of her eyes as he focused every bit of energy he had left. His hands thrusted forward, making palm prints of equal distance from each other, and again, and again until there were eight palm prints in front of him, and a shield developed between the circle of glowing palms. He brightened as his concentration entered into its final step.

Seaman:Captain! Are you seeing this?

Sool: What is happening over there? [His eyes glared in disbelief as he sawa great shining entity on the deck of the Panno Marie]

Rinji: [Thrusts hands onto the shield in front of him]

Naibunjutsu!Hachihira BETTO!

As he shouted this, the energy shined a blinding light that even made Usagi have to close one of her eyes and take cover. A gigantic beam of light gushed from Rinji, and blared straight back at a completely unprepared marine battleship. The front of the battleship was the first to bend, and then rupture completely, all of those on the front deck fell straight off of the ship or were pushed straight back to the inside quarters. The lower front hull also caved in, all of those in the base of the ship were flooded, and the ship began to sink forward as the blast of energy dissipated completely.

Rinji's technique not only destroyed the front part of the Marines' ship, butalso boosted their own ship an entire ninety yards forward. He sawwhat the blade did to the Marine ship, and he did not smile, not evena little. He looked down at his hands to see the blood that he spiltthat day, and soon they faded as his eyes gave in to great fatigue.His legs did a rubber-band bend and his body completely slouchedbefore he fell forward, only to be caught by Usagi, who picked him upquickly and held him.

Usagi:Rest now, Rinji. [Placing her hand on the side of his face as hiseyes completely closed, and he went completely unconscious]

Hiddenin the many canyons of the outskirts, the Panno Marie was finishedwith its very minor repairs. Chio and Usagi sat at the breakfasttable, eating something Chio had whipped up with his limited knowledge of cooking.

Chio: How long has he been out?

Usagi: Five hours so far, but that's not exactly what I am concerned about.He seemed a bit more distant than he usually is. I think something might have gotten to him in that last fight he had.

Chio: Uh, you think? [Holding up a newspaper with the headline "Marine Lt. Commander defaced"] This just came out this morning. I had to go under the radar just to buy this paper, and even then I had to duck fewer than three marine guards on the way back. I think our dear, fearless leader will be a little more on the Wanted side after something like this. The guy had to be rushed to the hospital, and even after all of that, they tried to cover it up as best they can,because after that it's nothing but witness statements.

Usagi: Then he destroyed a full-blown battleship. Yes, I think his bounty will be up in the tens of millions after something like this. And wecan't leave the island, they set up blockades on all of the exits.We're stuck here for the foreseeable future.

Chio: So how are you holding up?

Usagi cocked her head to the side.

Usagi: Me? I'm doing fine, why do you ask?

Chio: Just wondering [sipping his coffee]

A moment of silence, until Usagi turned her head toward the Captain's quarters.

Usagi: I hope his dreams are at least somewhat comforting. I can't imagine what made him fall off the deep end.

A room all around him, constricting like a strait jacket. He was a strait jacket, he had on a strait jacket. No padding, just white tiles, ceiling, floor, and walls. Claw marks tattooed the room, it wasn't a room, it was a prison. His eyes were not eyes, they werewindows that never shut, always wide open. The claw marks move, they are unmoving, but the blood began to drizzle from their openings. Blood began to pump faster, ever sinking now as it coated the floorsunder him, deep stains.

Rinji: Watch me as I fountain crimson, fountain red with burning hate in all its glory, in all its horrid discontent I rebel, there I stand in the pond, there I die with anguish and love but no love from dismembered vision, vision of the door I must walk. There I live.

Blood to his neck now, only a head in the pond of dark red, the fluid essence coming to his maw, hunger fills his life, there will he sleep for all of his own being, and he is the creature they all fear. He murders-

Rinji: GAH! [flew out of bed and hit his head on the wooden floor] Ooohhh.

He slowly got to a sitting position and rubbed his ear, as it pulsed abit from the hit. The door flew open with both Usagi and Chio coming into the room.

Usagi: Captain?

Rinji: I'm okay I'm okay. [waving them off] Don't worry about me.

He rubbed his eye as he slowly walked across the room, grabbing his towel off of its wrack and going to the bathroom.

After watching this, both of his crewmates looked at each other, shrugged and walked back into the kitchen where there were several papers strewn about.

Chio: Alright, so from what I've gathered on my endeavors today, our Slobbering Stanley is the first mate of the Half Sun Pirates. And as his name suggestions, he did have a bit of a saliva problem. In fact he used it to his advantage to distract his opponents in a fight. [he snickered as Usagi cringed at this] And our honorable Mayor apparently had some connection to this, it seems he had a sweat problem. I followed a group of Marines to a barber shop, as he frequented it, and even the tailoring shop, as he constantly needed new suits that didn't smell like perspiration.

Usagi: So two victims with excessive bodily fluids... so it's likely that they will kidnap either someone with a very large bladder, or a veryobese person with a great amount of blood. We'll need more of an outlook on who we have here in this town. It's rather small, so thatwill make our job that much easier. We just need eyes and ears on the streets.

Chio: Well they certainly don't seem averted from the public eye, Stanley was kidnapped on the street, though it was at night. That seems to be their general hunting time.

Usagi: Then we'll need to get some sleep, we've got a long night ahead of us. [She gave a devious grin, the thought of the hunt was enthralling to say the least.]

Name: Runagai Chio
Species: Human
Blood Type: O-
Birthday: May 2nd
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 130
First Appearance: Walk in the Rain
Island of Origin: Kuroshima
Epithet: Lightning Legs Chio

Crew: Tiger-Stripe Pirates

History:

Born to Runagai Kamlyn and Aika on Kuroshima in South Blue. In his earliest childhood, Chio thought that it was normal to be hit in the face when he seemed to be acting up. He also thought that all of the other kids were being cut by broken shards of glass on the back of their hands when they needed a lesson in discipline. Chio was brutally beaten by his father, a former pirate, on a regular basis, and anytime he showed bruises on his face or any place on his body that was visible, he was forced to stay home out of the public's eye. It got to the point where Chio had to wear long-sleeve shirts in order to cover up the scars from his horrible mistreatment.

Through it all, his mother was forced to stay silent and never speak against the cruelty she had to witness. It wasn't until a group of Marine soldiers led by First Lieutenant Goro came to the house in search of a fugitive. Kamlyn denied them to search his house, no matter what sort of orders they were under, and eventually the group had to enter by force. This was when Lt. Goro himself found a horribly battered Chio in his room, playing with toys, looking up at him with a solid black eye.

Kamlyn and Aika were immediately taken away, and trialed for obvious child abuse, and Kamlyn was trialed for Piracy and sent to Impel Down. When it came to putting Chio up for adoption/orphanage, Goro could not see this boy living from orphanage to orphanage after witnessing the aftermath of his brutal treatment. He put in a request to take the boy into his own house, and after serious consideration and support from his wife, Kia, he was named the Adoptive Father.

Chio was shown a much better lifestyle for a boy his age. Though the mental scars would take a very long time to mend, Goro was willing to accept this challenge and use it to Chio's advantage. How a monster like Kamlyn could treat such a talented, nice boy in such a gruesome way was beyond what he could fathom. The fact that he was a pirate grew on Chio, and Chio grew up hating pirates with an unrelenting passion.

Though Chio could be somewhat of a handful. When he was given some freedom to act, he had a slight bad habit of taking it a little too far. He was seldom caught, but the friends he made in school suspected him of many pranks that he pulled, one of them involving construction of a spider web made of chewing gum that stuck to every side, top to bottom of one of their lockers. However, when it came to bullies, Chio gave them no chance to even consider bringing him under their tyranny. He got into one or two fights because he was not going to be pushed around by those who felt they could mark him as their inferior.

Once Chio was of age, Goro encouraged him to join the Junior Marine program and learn the ways of Military life. It did not take much to convince him; however, as he looked up to Goro as a grand father figure, and as such, he aspired to be such a great man as him. Instantly, the boy went into his lessons of the hardships that the Military life held. When he compared it to the hardships he had already been through, it was little more than a cakewalk.

As he reached the age of 18, it was time for basic training, and even though leaving his family behind was perhaps one of the hardest things he's done in his life, he approached it with great tenacity.

The yelling and the stress that the Training Instructors put them through was of no comparison to his absolute hatred of pirates. Chio excelled at his training, even the parts that he had more trouble with were of no real concern as the repetition he endeavored flourished his knowledge on any subject. He was especially proficient in the ways of combat. He blew everyone away in the run time. He even set a brilliant first place record in Basic Training for fastest mile and a half at six minutes and thirty eight seconds.

Chio graduated Basic training with three ribbons and a ton of pride as he approached Goro in his complete dress uniform, kicked his heels together, and saluted. He was now the newest member of the Marine's Infantry.

For two years, Chio was given specialty training from Goro's old commander, Former Vice Admiral Dan Dan Misra. Within the first year, Chio was able to use the technique of Soru, and before he could completely master the Ran Kyaku, Dan Dan died of heart failure at the age of 88. Chio, mourning the loss of his friend and trainer, moved on to his first Marine Base. Without a trainer, his progression slowed considerably, but through hands-on experience, he was optimistic of his chances.

However, on his first mission as a newly promoted Lieutenant, Chio was assigned to a Marine Base in Ellissa Island as a scheduling coordinator. After only one week, there was a terrorist attack, one that blew apart more than half of the base, killing over 56 Marine personnel. Somehow, Chio was fingered as a culprit in the bombing. It was obvious that someone needed a fall guy for the event, and as Chio dug deeper, he found Jossu Mikana as the one over-looking the inside job. It was then that Chio met Rinji. Since he could not count on any of his former officers for help, Chio had no other choice than to go along with the pirate cat. Together, they took down an entire infantry shop of sixty Marines. Though, all of the effort was for nothing. Even with all of the evidence in the world to back up his word, Chio found out that the government was content in covering the entire incident up, and still keep the bounty out on his name, even raising it after taking down Captain Jossu. He stayed with Rinji as his first mate, and together, they kept moving forward.

------

Walk in the Rain Continued

-------

It was strange that they picked that very night to patrol the town, it was definitely in an uproar. Even with the marines out in full force from their base, Usted Island was keeping them so busy; Usagi and Chio were able to hide in plain sight. Using their excellent stealth abilities, they gained a great vantage point on top of one of the taller inns of the main city.

Chio: We've seen four fights started, and we've only been out here two hours. Most of them were because of a proximity invasion, but one of them was because of a suspicious look. This is ridiculous.

Usagi sat on the other side of the building, facing the north where Chio was facing the west.

Usagi: Yes, and none of them seemed very apt to be our current suspected kidnappers. None of them knew their footing, let alone how to throw a punch.

Chio: Yeah, not even that marine I saw had any grace to his stance. No wonder he's still a seaman apprentice.

Usagi: Chioooo how mean. Maybe his skills lie in some other form. Maybe he's a good marksman. I, myself, have only touched a gun twice in order to fire it.

Chio: How'd you do?

Usagi: ...I grazed a flower pot, and I shattered a window.

Chio: Sounds about like my experience with a rifle. The most damage I did was shoot the hand off a statue, thankfully it landed on top of my target's head.

Usagi: ...yeah. We need a gunner.

Chio: Yeah... yeah we do. Speaking of which, you think Rinji's alright? He seemed pretty distorted when we left.

Usagi: He scarred a marine's face, disfigured him, even. Whatever he said to cause that kind of reaction out of the Captain definitely left its mark on him, why else would he go to such lengths? We should just give the Captain time to--

There was a gigantic commotion in the Northeast, and Usagi turned her gaze there. Yelling came from all parts of it, and there even sounded like there was a fight.

Usagi: Sounds like seven of them, at least three of them are fighting one man. I can hear two thrusts, and one guy trying to use his elbow.

Chio: Let's go [Leaping off of the building, his legs catching each window seal to break his fall all the way down.]

Usagi followed him, and used her feel on his shoulders to soften her fall twice, and then flip off of him. Both of them dashed toward the commotion.

---

Kimo: Oh yeah, Boss, this is the guy. Look at him, he's that young little punk that blew up our hideout! It's Ricky, alright!

Red Dog Danny: Fil?

Fil: Height, 5'1, Weight, 100 pounds, speech patterns, unknown.

Kimo held up the man that they were talking about, while the others in the Red Dog Bounty Hunters checked him out. He had a black eye now, and he was quivering all over from the horrific fear of what these men planned to do with him.

Thug1: Well?! You heard the man! Talk! [Holding a knife up to his face]

Red Dog Danny: Didn't think we'd notice you without all of that stupid gas mask stuff did ya? Mahmahmahmahmah!! Now go ahead and talk ya little scamp!

Red Dog Danny reached over, bending over his enormous body to pick up his red battle axe. His fat wobbled as he walked over to the poor, defenseless, small man.

Kimo: Doesn't sound like he wanna talk. [Shaking the man]

Red Dog Danny: Well, then. Ricky, you got no ID, on you, so even if you're not Ricky, I suppose this is just not your lucky day! Mahmahmahmahmahmah!! [Lifts his axe in front of him, ready to bring it down, when an invisible force from below knocks the axe from behind, causing the handle to fly up and smash Kimo in the face]

Kimo: GAH! [flies back, dropping the guy on the ground]

Usagi appears on the other side of the man, sheathing her blade.

Usagi: Teisei...

Red Dog Danny: What the... You...

Chio: Aww come on! How did you beat me, again! [Running up on the other side of the group]

Usagi: [smile] I'm good, I guess.

Fil: Daro Daro Usagi: Bounty 90,000,000 Belli. Runagai Chio: Bounty also 90,000,000 Belli, 180,000,000 Belli both together, no signs of Pirate Captain Rinji, Bounty 200,000,000 Belli.

Both of them look at Fil, the sun glassed man (at night) with a bald head, but also very powerful, muscular arms. Kimo got up, rubbing his chin.

Kimo: Rotten, filthy pirates! I'll make you pay for that!

Red Dog Danny: Fil, Kimo, take these dogs down! That's far too fat a bounty to pass up! Go!

Kimo: Deadly Storm! [Unleashed a large barrage of daggers straight down at Chio as he jumped up high and backward]

Chio: ...Soru! [went straight forward as the daggers passed over him, and dodged directly behind where Kimo was about to land] Chio Joutou! [Chio jumped far into the air directly at him with a kick whipping straight into Kimo] Chio Hisan HANDOU!!!

Chio's kick slammed into Kimo hard, but he lifted two arms up just in time to catch the kick in front of him and fly backward into a wall. That was when Chio landed, but then felt a pain in his arm.

Chio: Nandeta? [Looked down to see a dagger sticking out of his arm] Dah! [pulls it out and holds onto it as it bleeds] Damn, looks like I underestimated him a bit... I'll need to be more careful.

Kimo: Got some moves don't you...errrm [stretching out his arms] Try this on, Deadly Range!! [Stabbed the ground, the shadow extending through the ground to come out very near Chio]

Chio jumped directly out of the way and kicked the air once.

Chio: Ran Kyaku! Chio Kamisori! [Let out a flare of energy blades from every kick, sending a good number of them straight for Kimo]

Kimo dodged two of them, and then used his daggers to block one of them, but that was when he found Chio standing directly in front of him.

Kimo: Gah!

Chio: Chio HANDOU!!!! [Let fly a single kick straight for Kimo's head, causing him to completely black out and hit the ground hard.]

Red Dog Danny: Ooohhh... [Watched Kimo hit the ground, but then he looked over to see Fil fighting against Daro Daro Usagi]

Fil and Usagi stood their ground, and stared one another down. Fil's face was emotionless, almost featureless in every way behind his sunglasses.

Usagi: Well then, shall we? [Using her thumb to push her sword an inch out of it’s sheathe.]

It was time to stop running. If she was going to have true freedom, she was going to need to turn around and face the wolves that chased her. She had to fight them herself, but not using her fists, she had to use her cunning. There was no other way, in a face-to-face battle with any one of them, she would be killed. The city was ripe with fear that night, and there were many angles in which to approach it. She simply had to follow the bread crumbs they were laying down, and bring them to light.

Nikk opened the newspaper and read with a very dim streetlight over head. Slobbering Stanley did indeed have the slobbering problem, his body had excessively active saliva glands and this made him very unpopular in the female crowd; wetness. Mayor Mann Affar, sweating problem; stench. A man with several hundred million belli in crooked gains, or at least that's what she could gather in the limited time she had to search his heavily guarded office. No money stolen, and no ransom calls to the Marines, who would be willing to pay a great amount under the table for the return of one of their most favored cash cows. Yes, excessive bodily fluids was a connection, but the Marines were missing a piece of the puzzle, namely Miko Nikk.

Nikk was originally going to be named Anne, so her siblings jokingly gave her the unofficial middle name. Each of these kidnappings were a double meaning. Something that her deductive mind was so finely-tuned to pick up on. Anne, Stan, Mann, and that left one other X-Factor.

Nikk: Hmph [threw away the newspaper and began to walk casually down the street toward where she heard the loudest ruckus.]

---

Fil used his gigantic, powerful arms to pick up an entire 30x30 wooden pallet that was leaned against a wall, and brought it straight down toward Usagi. She watched as the pallet came down toward her, and merely pointed her sword to the side of her, and began to spin.

Usagi: Itoryuu: Bunsuun Maru! [Cut a perfect circled hole in the pallet and jumped up with the round plug and kicked it straight for Fil.]

Directly after Fil blocked the attack, his chest was struck a mighty blow, blood bursting from a huge slash in the middle of it, from his left side to his right shoulder. The next instant, Usagi appeared behind him and walked away from him, sheathing her sword.

Usagi: ItoryuuIai: Narabi. [Fil fell.]

It was then that Usagi turned to Red Dog, and then her eyes widened as she looked over his shoulder to see a little girl sitting on the steps of a nearby building. Chio stood beside Usagi and saw the little girl when her gaze pointed her out.

Chio: [Whispers] Who is that?

Usagi: [Whispers] I don't know, but I didn't hear her come in, and something tells me she could have avoided detection if she wanted to.

Red Dog Dan didn't know what to make of the two pirates, he had four other henchmen, but he knew that none of them would stand even a little chance against them. That was when he saw that they were looking behind him. He turned to see the little girl on the steps, reading a small book of poems called "Never The End."

Red Dog Dan: Hey! This is no night for little girls to be here. You need to go home and have a warm glass of milk or something.

Nikk: [Turned the page and kept reading with no light to shine on the page. At length, licking her thumb and turning the page again. Then looked up at Dan] No.

This flabbergasted the Red Dog Bounty Hunters and even caused Chio and Usagi to cock an eyebrow and glance at each other.

Red Dog Dan: Wh-What! Listen little girl, we don't have time to babysit you! Why are you reading a book in a place like this?

Nikk: [Picked up the soda beside her and took a small sip, then gave a small belch, turning the page again, then looked up at Dan with no expression what-so-ever.] You're going to die.

Red Dog Dan: GAH! Don't say that so casually! What the hell are you--

Nikk: You're the next one who's going to be kidnapped [still reading, turned a page].

Red Dog Dan: Wh-wh-what! You dare insult me like that!?

Usagi: [Whispering] That does make sense, he does have an excessive amount of blood with being so big.

Nikk: You're on the right track, Swordwoman, but that's not why he's going to be kidnapped.

There was a long pause, none of the Red Dogs heard what Usagi said.

Nikk: Red Dog Dan wets himself constantly.

Red Dog Dan: GAH! Wh-wh-wh-wh-wh-wh [Beads of sweat ran over his face and his cheeks went flushed.]

Both Usagi and Chio's faces went berserk with surprise, and all of the Red Dogs' eyes turned to their leader.

Red Dog Dan: How could you possibly kno-- I mean [Looking at his gang] uuhhh

Nikk: You have a catheter running under your pants. [Flipped another page]

All eyes went to Red Dog Dan's pants, they were black, so none of them even noticed, nor could they see it then.

Nikk flipped another page.

Red Dog Dan: [Face completely red with anger and embarassment] You got a lot of nerve coming out here, and making wild accusations! I'm gonna have to teach you some manners, little girl! [Raised up his axe, and charging straight for her.]

Both Usagi and Chio took their fighting stances, ready to stop him, but then both of them noticed that the

Show more