2017-02-23

Hi, i would like to present you some persons that seem interesting to me. The list is not complete and i do not claim that everything written is veritably true. I copied the texts from the internet, as i am lazy and have no time at the moment anyways. At the end of each presentation, i put the source. If you would like to present other persons of interest, go ahead. My little list:

-Alois Irlmaier

-Count of St. Germain

-Edgar Cayce

-Emanuel Swedenborg

-St. Germain / Master R

Have fun.

Alois Irlmaier, Germany, 1894 - 1959, Prophet

Alois Irlmaier was a dowser and well digger who lived in Freislassing, Bavaria. He was famous for his psychic abilities, and after World War II, many people sought his clairvoyant skills to locate their families and friends.

Because of his fame, Irlmaier had a few enemies and was ridiculed and accused of being a warlock. But after appearing in court, the charges were dismissed, Irlmaier told the judge exactly what clothes the judge’s wife was wearing that day and what she was doing. Even though he had never seen her, he proved to be completely correct, and the judge released him.

The future appeared to Irlmaier as in a movie, with only numbers appearing veiled, coded, or incomplete. He predicted his own death in July 1959. His last words were:

"I am glad that I can go now, because I won’t have to experience what I see." Here are his accounts of the extraordinary visions he received:

"The Third Great War comes, when three high-ranking men will be killed.

"While the Bavarians sit at a card game in Wirthaus, the strange soldiers will look into the windows and doors. A totally black column of people will come from the East. Everything goes quite quickly. From the Golden City (Prague) it moves out. The first worm goes from the blue waters of the Danube northwest to the Swiss border. By Regensberg there stands no more bridge over the river, but southerly from the blue water they will not come. The second great push will come over Saxony westward against the Ruhr. The third army column from the northwest will go westward over Berlin. It all goes very quickly and fast. From the Danube to the coast will be controlled by the Grays. Two fleeing refugee groups will cross the river; the third is lost and encircled by the enemy. Munich, South Bavaria, and Austria need not have fear.

"The enemy headquarters will be a red-roofed monastery, whose altar faces north [Freyung?].

"I see the earth like a ball in front of me, above which only white clouds fly. Ten thousand doves rise out of the sand [Africa] and fly over us, but they do not drop down. But there where the headquarters of the others are, they throw black boxes, 25 centimeters high; there everything is wiped out.

"Then the movement moves to the north and cuts off the third army.

"Then it rains a yellow dust in a line. The golden line. The Golden City of Prague will be destroyed; it starts there. It continues in a straight line to the sea by the bay [Hamburg, Lubeck, or Stetin].

"The tanks drive, but those who sit inside are covered with death. There where it falls, nothing will live. No trees, no flowers, no animals, no grass. Everything will wither and turn black. The houses will stand.

"What it is, I don’t know and cannot say. It is a long line. He who crosses it dies. The soldiers of the east cannot cross to the West, and the soldiers of the West cannot cross to the East. The wind blows the deadly cloud to the East. Suddenly the eastern armies collapse. They throw away everything they carry with them and try to escape to the North. But none of them will return.

"But by the Rhine things will be finalized. From the three army movements not one soldier will be able to return home. There will be so many dead... thousands of bodies black, the rotting flesh falls from the bones.

"Then comes a single aircraft from the East. It throws a "neutralizer" in the great water by England. Then the water lifts in one single piece as high as a tower and falls back down. It makes an earthquake and a giant wave and everything will be overflooded. Almost all of England and the European coast to Berlin will sink except for a few mountain peaks.

"Simultaneously, a new land will arise which existed earlier [Atlantis]. Three great cities will sink. One through water [London]. The second will sink [New York], and the third just falls apart [Rome]. The city with the steel tower [Paris] will be set on fire by its inhabitants and will be leveled to the ground.

"Also in Italy it will be very bad. All priests except six will be murdered. The Pope will flee.

"Whoever lives south of the Danube need not worry about the Russians. The people between Watsman Mountain and Wendelstein need not worry and will be isolated.

"Then from "K" [Koln?] flies out the flaming tongue up to the Northwest, West and South. Only once will the tongue fly so shortly, then burns a small town north of Saurisel [near Berechtsgarten].

"The Munich people will not have much happen to them, but there will be a little distress. But a great famine will come and will take the animals from the farmer. Then the farmer really has to set himself to the task, for they will try to steal the very underwear off of him.

"Simultaneously, there will stand up a large man, and at that point the war stops. The whole thing does not take very long.

"The bearded people of seven yesterdays will finally end and their enemy will flee. On the riverbank they will camp and fight with desperation. There, however, their might will be annihilated, their power broken, so that hardly one will remain alive to return home to report their defeat.

"I see three things, be they three days, three weeks, or three months, I don’t know.

"In Russia a new revolution will break out, and a civil war. The dead bodies will be so numerous that they will have difficulty removing them from the streets. The Russian people will begin to believe in Christ and the Cross will be honored once again.

"The leaders will kill themselves, and in the blood the blame will be washed away. I see a red mass mixed with yellow faces. I see a total uprising and a horrible massacre and plunder. Then they will sing the Easter Song and burn candles before pictures of Mary. Through the power of the prayers of Christianity, this Monster out of Hell will die, and even young people will begin to believe again the Virgin Mother of God.

"It will become dark on one day during the year. Then a huge thunderstorm will appear with bolts of lightning and thunder and an earthquake will move the earth. Do not go out of the house. No lights will burn except for candle lights. The stream of people stops. Whoever inhales the dust will develop cramps and die. Do not open the windows. Hand the windows with black paper on the glass. All open water will become poisonous, and all open food which has not been canned. Also all foods in glass will not make it.

"Outside, the dust moves. Many people will die. After seventy-two hours everything will be over. But I will say it you again, do not go outside, do not look out of the window. Let the candles burn, keep watch, and pray. Overnight more people will die than in the combined two world wars.

"Thereafter the Pope will return and the first great "Te Deum" will be sung in the Dome in Cologne. Then he will crown three kings, a Hungarian, an Austrian, and a Bavarian. The Bavarian is an old man with white hair, and he wears lederhosen. In the beginning there will be famine, but then the Danube returns to its level, thereafter there will be so many groceries brought up the Danube that all will be fed.

"During this time the climate will change. It will become warmer, and the southern fruits and grapes will grow very well in Bavaria. And people will move there, who want to, and everybody can live where they want to and have as much land as they can handle. The land north and east of the Danube will be resettled. There are only a few people left. Then the traveling salesmen will say, buy my wares, or I will go crazy. The sausages will spill from the plates, there will be such an abundance. There will come a long, happy time, and those who live to experience it will be very happy...

"The year 1999 will bring destruction, followed by peace. A darkness of 72 hours will precede peace. The time of the year may be autumn, for there will be snow on the mountains, but not yet in the lowlands. The sign if the Cross will appear in the heavens. The war will end as quickly as it began, and a natural phenomenon will end it. The last battle will be near Cologne, and it will be won by the West...

"The "Great City" of the United States will be destroyed by rockets, and the West Coast will be invaded by Asians, but they will be beaten back...

"The Third World War will come, but I cannot predict the year. It will be preceded by signs in the skies, which will be seen by millions of people. War will begin on a rainy night, shortly before harvest time, when the ears are full. War will begin after the assassination of an eminent politician in Czechoslovakia or in Yugoslavia. An invasion from the East will follow..."

Shortly before his death (July 29, 1959), Alois Irlmaier added to his legacy with these details of World War III:

"Nothing has changed. Indeed, events have come even closer and I can see them even better. I see two men who will kill the "third high-ranking person." They have been paid to do so. One of the murderers is a small black man, the other is a somewhat taller white man. It could possibly happen in the Balkans, but I’m not sure about it. Prior to the war there will be a fruitful year with good vegetable crops and plentiful fruits. After the murder of "the third" war will erupt without warning during the night. I see dust, and I see three numbers, two 8s and a 9. I do not know what the numbers mean, nor do I know the date and the time. "

Source: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/pr...fecia01c3b.htm

Count of St. Germain, Birthplace ??, 1712 - 1784, Alchemist, Adventurer, Saint (?)

You had to be somebody to be invited to one of Madame de Pompadour’s parties.

She was mistress and advisor to French King Louis XV, she spent her time with politicians, thinkers, artists, the rich, the famous…

Which is why she’d invited the Count de Saint Germain to her party in 1750.

The Count had arrived in Paris from the court of the Shah of Persia where he had been studying precious stones.

He dressed in black. He had diamond rings on each of his fingers, and diamonds on his shoes.

Madame de Pompadour had never heard of the Count before he arrived in France. And neither had any of her friends.

But with his tales of foreign lands, his good looks and wealth, he’d soon been welcomed into Paris’s most fashionable circles.

At the party, Madame de Pompadour introduced him to the elderly Countess von Georgy.

The Countess mentionned that she’d known a man of the same name and appearance forty years before in Venice.

‘I imagine he must have been your father,’ she said kindly.

But the Count de Saint Germain shook his head.

‘No madame,’ he replied courteously. ‘That was I myself.’

The Countess was shocked. In front of her was a man no more than 45. And the man she’d known 40 years before in Venice had been the same age.

‘Impossible!’ she cried.

‘It is not so impossible,’ smiled the Count de Saint Germain.

He told the Countess, in accurate detail, of how they’d met in Venice nearly half a century before.

Soon, wild rumours were flying around Paris.

Who was the Count de Saint Germain? And how could he be nearly 100 years old?

Before long, the king himself had heard of the count and invited him to dinner.

At the lavish banquet, the mysterious Count wouldn’t eat a thing.

Yet, he enthralled his fellow diners with his knowledge of history and his mastery of at least eight languages including Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and Sanskrit.

And he told them he was 300 years old.

And that he could melt diamonds…

Some thought the count was a barefaced liar.

But not the King.

As soon as he possibly could, the king gave the Count a massive suite of rooms at his Château de Chambord, some 100miles from Paris.

He also gave the count money to set up a laboratory there.

The official line was that the Count was to develop a new type of fabric dye.

But some thought the Count de Saint Germain was working on something more arcane – The Philosopher’s Stone.

This mysterious element, or powder, said to turn base metals into pure gold, had been sought for centuries.

If such a thing were really to exist, its discovery would make someone very rich indeed…

It was also said that the Philosopher’s Stone could be used in an elixir to make its user immortal – had the Count discovered the secret for himself?

For the next 20 years, the Count de Saint Germain busied himself in his laboratories, but it’s not known if he was able to make the Stone for the King.

Louis XV died in 1774.

The Count de Saint Germain died ten years later, in 1784.

Or at least, that’s the official history.

On his death, the Count left nothing but a few items of clothing. There were no diamonds, no stones.

And strangely for such an educated man, not a single book.

Had they all been destroyed? Or had the Count taken them with him?

A year after his death, the Count de Saint Germain was apparently seen at a convention for the Knights Templar.

An ancient order, the Knights Templar are said to guard the secrets of the Holy Grail.

Just before the outbreak of the French Revolution, the Count was seen again, this time by French aristocrat Baron Linden.

‘In exactly 85 years people will set eyes on me again,’ the Count is said to have told him.

And with that, he left.

By the time he was seen again, it was 1873. And 85 years had passed.

But the Count de Saint Germain still looked 45-years-old.

He visited Russian aristocrat, occultist and medium Madame Blavatsky, telling her he was immortal.

And then, for many more years, the trail went cold.

Historians and experts in mysticism began to investigate the curious Count.

One, Annie Besant, claimed to have evidence he’d been born in 1610, the son of a Transylvanian prince.

And then it seem the Count was forgotten.

Until, at the outbreak of the First World War, German soldiers captured a French man in Alsace.

He was wearing black, had diamond rings on his fingers…and he refused to tell the soldiers his name.

But the man did say some very alarming things.

‘Soon will come the Antichrist,’ he told them. ‘A tyrant from the lower classes who will wear an ancient symbol. He will lead Germany into another global war in 1939, but will be defeated six years on after doing unspeakable things.’

Predictions of Hitler, the Second World War?

Could the man have been the Count de Saint Germain?

Nervous, the German officers released him.

And it seems that, before the Count’s presumed death back in 1784, he’d written a book – in code.

To this day, parts of the book remain undeciphered.

But scholars agree on one section.

We moved through space at a speed that can only be compared with nothing but itself, wrote the Count de Saint Germain. Within a fraction of a second the plains below us were out of sight and the Earth had become a faint nebula.

Was he an extraterrestrial visitor? Could this account for his agelessness and his knowledge of the future?

If we want answers to these questions, we’ll have to wait until the next time he returns.

For if history shows us anything, it’s that one day the Count de Saint Germain will return…

Source: http://www.lifedeathprizes.com/spook...y-secret-52932

Edgar Cayce, USA, 1877 - 1945, Psychic, Clairvoyant

Edgar Cayce was born into a farming family on March 18, 1877 near Beverly, seven miles (11 km) south of Hopkinsville, Kentucky.

In December 1893, the Cayce family moved to Hopkinsville, Kentucky and occupied 705 West Seventh, on the south-east corner of Seventh and Young Street. During this time, Cayce received an eighth-grade education; discovered his spiritual vocation;[4] left the family farm to pursue various forms of employment (at Richard's Dry Goods Store and then in Hopper's Bookstore, both located on Main Street).

Cayce's education stopped with the ninth grade because his family could not afford the costs involved.[3] A ninth-grade education was often considered more than sufficient for working-class children. Much of the remainder of Cayce's younger years would be characterized by a search for both employment and money.

Throughout his life, Cayce was drawn to church as a member of the Disciples of Christ. He read the Bible once for every year of his life, taught at Sunday school, and recruited missionaries. He is said to have agonized over the issue of whether his supposed psychic abilities-and the teachings which resulted were spiritually legitimate.

In 1900, he formed a business partnership with his father to sell Woodmen of the World Insurance but was struck by severe laryngitis in March that resulted in a complete loss of speech. Unable to work, he lived at home with his parents for almost a year. He then decided to take up the trade of photography, an occupation that would exert less strain on his voice. He began an apprenticeship at the photography studio of W.R. Bowles in Hopkinsville.

A traveling stage hypnotist and entertainer called "Hart- The Laugh Man" was performing at the Hopkinsville Opera House in 1901. He heard about Cayce's condition and offered to attempt a cure. Cayce accepted, and the experiment took place on stage in front of an audience. Remarkably, Cayce's voice apparently returned while in a hypnotic trance but allegedly disappeared on awakening. Hart tried a posthypnotic suggestion that the voice would continue to function after the trance, but this proved unsuccessful.

Since Hart had appointments at other cities, he could not continue his hypnotic treatment of Cayce. However, a local hypnotist, Al Layne, offered to help Cayce in restoring his voice. Layne suggested that Cayce describe the nature of his condition and cure while in a hypnotic trance. Cayce described his own ailment from a first person plural point of view ("we") instead of the singular ("I")

In subsequent readings he would generally start off with "We have the body." According to the reading, his voice loss was due to psychological paralysis and could be corrected by increasing the blood flow to the voice box. Layne suggested that the blood flow be increased, and Cayce's face supposedly became flushed with blood and his chest area and the throat turned bright red.

After 20 minutes Cayce, still in trance, declared the treatment over. On awakening, his voice was alleged to have remained normal. Relapses were said to have occurred but were said to have been corrected by Layne in the same way, and eventually the cure was said to be permanent.

Layne had read of similar hypnotic cures effected by the Marquis de Puyegur, a follower of Franz Mesmer, and was keen to explore the limits of the healing knowledge of the trance voice. He asked Cayce to describe Layne's own ailments and suggest cures and reportedly found the results both accurate and effective. Layne suggested that Cayce offer his trance healing to the public, but Cayce was reluctant. He finally agreed on the condition that readings would be free. He began with Layne's help to offer free treatments to the townspeople. Reports of Cayce's work appeared in the newspapers, inspiring many postal inquiries.

Cayce was able to work just as effectively using a letter from the individual as with having the person present. Given the person's name and location, he said he could diagnose the physical and/or mental conditions and provide a remedy. He became popular and soon people from around the world sought his advice through correspondence.

Cayce's work grew in volume as his fame grew. He asked for voluntary donations to support himself and his family so that he could practice full time. He continued to work in an apparent trance state with a hypnotist all his life. His wife and eldest son later replaced Layne in this role. A secretary, Gladys Davis, recorded his readings in shorthand.

1920 to 1923: Texas Period

The growing fame of Cayce coupled with the popularity he received from newspapers attracted several eager commercially minded men who wanted to seek a fortune by using Cayce's clairvoyant abilities. Even though Cayce was reluctant to help them, he was persuaded to give the readings, which left him dissatisfied with himself and unsuccessful. A cotton merchant offered Cayce a hundred dollars a day for his readings about the daily outcomes in the cotton market.

However, despite his poor finances, Cayce refused the merchant's offer. Others wanted to know where to hunt for treasures; some wanted to know the outcome of horse races. Several times he was persuaded to give the readings as an experiment. However, he was not successful when he used his ability for such purposes, doing no better than chance alone would dictate. These experiments allegedly left him depleted of energy, distraught, and unsatisfied with himself. Finally, he came to the conclusion that he would use his gift only to help the distressed and sick.

He was persuaded to give readings on philosophical subjects in 1923 by Arthur Lammers, a wealthy printer who, by his own admission, had been "studying metaphysics for years". While in his supposed trance state, Cayce was told by Lammers that he spoke of Lammers's past lives and of reincarnation, something Lammers believed in, which was a popular subject of the day but not an accepted part of Christian doctrine. Cayce questioned his stenographer as to what he had said in his trance state and remained unconvinced. Cayce himself challenged Lammers's charge that he had validated astrology and reincarnation in the following dialogue:

Cayce "I said all that?...I couldn't have said all that in one reading." "No," Lammers said; "but you confirmed it. You see, I have been studying metaphysics for years, and I was able by a few questions, by the facts you gave, to check what is right and what is wrong with a whole lot of the stuff I've been reading. The important thing is that the basic system which runs through all the mystery religions, whether they come from Tibet or the pyramids of Egypt, is backed up by you. It's actually the right system." Cayce's stenographer recorded the following:

"In this we see the plan of development of those individuals set upon this plane, meaning the ability to enter again into the presence of the Creator and become a full part of that creation.

Insofar as this entity is concerned, this is the third appearance on this plane, and before this one, as the monk. We see glimpses in the life of the entity now as were shown in the monk, in this mode of living.

The body is only the vehicle ever of that spirit and soul that waft through all times and ever remain the same."

Cayce was quite unconvinced (that he had been referring to and, as such, had validated the doctrine of reincarnation), and the best Lammers could offer was that the reading "opens up the door" and went on to share his beliefs and knowledge of the "truth" with Cayce.

It appeared Cayce's instincts were telling him this was no ordinary reading. This client who came for a reading came with quite a bit of information of his own to share with Cayce and seemed intent upon convincing Cayce, now that he felt the reading had confirmed his strongly held beliefs.

It should be noted, however, that 12 years earlier Cayce had briefly alluded to reincarnation. In reading 4841-1, given April 22, 1911, Cayce referred to the soul being "transmigrated." Because, as noted below, there are several thousand missing Cayce readings from the period up to 1923, it is possible that he may have also mentioned reincarnation in other readings as well.

Cayce reported that his conscience bothered him severely over this conflict. Lammers overwhelmed, manipulated, confused, reassured and argued with Cayce. Ultimately his "trance voice," the "we" of the readings, also supposedly dialogued with Cayce and finally persuaded him to continue with these kinds of readings.

In 1925 Cayce reported that his "voice" had instructed him to move to Virginia Beach, Virginia.

1925 to 1945: Virginia Beach Period

Cayce's mature period, in which he created the several institutions which would survive him in some form, can be considered to have started in 1925. By this time he was a professional psychic with a small staff of employees and volunteers. The "readings" increasingly came to involve occult or esoteric themes.

In 1929, the Cayce hospital was established in Virginia Beach, sponsored by a wealthy recipient of the trance readings, Morton Blumenthal.

Cayce gained national prominence in 1943 through a high-profile article in Coronet titled "Miracle Man of Virginia Beach". He said he couldn't refuse people who felt they needed his help, and he increased the frequency of his readings to eight per day to try to make an impression on the ever-growing pile of requests. He said this took a toll on his health as it was emotionally draining and often fatigued him. He even went so far as to say that the readings themselves scolded him for attempting too much and that he should limit his workload to just two readings a day or else they would kill him.

Cayce's Death

Edgar Cayce's last reading on September 17, 1944, was for himself. He was now receiving thousands of requests for assistance. His own readings had repeatedly warned him that he should not try to undertake more than two sessions a day. But many of the letters he received were from mothers worried about their sons on the battlefields, and Cayce felt he could not refuse them his aid. His last reading told him that the time had come for him to stop working and rest.

On New Year's Day, 1945, he announced that he would be buried on the fifth of January. He was right. Edgar Cayce suffered from a stroke and died on January 3, 1945. He is buried in Riverside Cemetery in Hopkinsville, Kentucky.

Ten years earlier, Cayce had written a brief account of his work:

The life of a person endowed with such powers is not easy. For more than forty years now I have been giving readings to those who came seeking help. Thirty-five years ago the jeers, scorn and laughter were even louder than today. I have faced the laughter of ignorant crowds, the withering scorn of tabloid headlines, and the cold smirk of self-satisfied intellectuals. But I have also known the wordless happiness of little children who have been helped, the gratitude of fathers and mothers and friends... I believe that the attitude of the scientific world is gradually changing towards these subjects.

Psychic Abilities

Edgar Cayce has variously been referred to as a "prophet" (cf. Jess Stearn's book, The Sleeping Prophet), a "mystic", a "seer", and a "clairvoyant".

Cayce's methods involved lying down and entering into what appeared to be a trance or sleep state, usually at the request of a subject who was seeking help with health or other personal problems (subjects were not usually present). The subject's questions would then be given to Cayce, and Cayce would proceed with a reading. At first these readings dealt primarily with the physical health of the individual (physical readings); later readings on past lives, business advice, dream interpretation, and mental or spiritual health were also given.

Until September 1923, they were not systematically preserved. However, an October 10, 1922, Birmingham (Alabama) Age-Herald article quotes Cayce as saying that he had given 8,056 readings as of that date, and it is known that he gave approximately 13,000-14,000 readings after that date. Today, only about 14,000 are available at Cayce headquarters and on-line. Thus, it appears that about 7,000-8,000 Cayce readings are missing.

When out of the trance he entered to perform a reading, Cayce said he generally did not remember what he had said during the reading. The unconscious mind, according to Cayce, has access to information which the conscious mind does not - a common assumption about hypnosis in Cayce's time. After Gladys Davis became Cayce's secretary on September 10, 1923, all readings were preserved and his wife Gertrude Evans Cayce generally conducted (guided) the readings.

Cayce said that his trance statements should be taken into account only to the extent that they led to a better life for the recipient. Moreover, he invited his audience to test his suggestions rather than accept them on faith.

Other abilities that have been attributed to Cayce include astral projection, prophesying, mediumship, viewing the Akashic Records or "Book of Life", and seeing auras. Cayce said he became interested in learning more about these subjects after he was informed about the content of his readings, which he reported that he never actually heard himself.

Source: http://www.crystalinks.com/edgar_cayce.html

Emanuel Swedenborg, Sweden, 1688 -1772 - Visionary, Spiritualist, Inventor, Universal Genius

The life of Emanuel Swedenborg (1688–1772) was steeped simultaneously in the rational world of the physical sciences and a deep Christian faith. He lived during the height of the Enlightenment, a period when intellectuals rejected dogmatic religious teachings in favor of science and reason, and his theology reflects a long struggle to understand the world of spirit through investigation of the physical world.

Ultimately, that struggle was resolved when (as he described it) his spiritual senses were opened and he began to interact directly with the denizens of heaven, hell, and the world of spirits between. Although his theological writings are based on experiences and visions that may seem unbelievable to a modern audience—as they did to many of Swedenborg’s contemporaries—he writes with full awareness of how difficult his accounts may be to accept. In keeping with his early scholarly training, he presents his ideas in a logical order, drawing examples from everyday life as proof of the truth of his words, inviting readers to judge for themselves.

Early Years

Born Emanuel Swedberg in Stockholm, Sweden, on January 29, 1688, he was the second son of Jesper Swedberg, a pastor in Sweden’s Lutheran state church. At the age of eleven Emanuel entered the University of Uppsala, where his father was a professor. Although Jesper left the university to become bishop of Skara a few years later, Emanuel remained at Uppsala, completing his studies in 1709.

As was customary for wealthy young Swedish men of his time, he then journeyed abroad to expand on what he had learned. His first stop was England—a worldwide center of learning and a major maritime power—where he studied the observational techniques of royal astronomer John Flamsteed (1646–1719) and traveled in the same intellectual circles as luminaries like Sir Isaac Newton (1643–1727) and Edmund Halley (1656–1742). Emanuel also studied geology, botany, zoology, and the mechanical sciences under a number of scholars, inventors, and mechanics, later continuing those studies in Amsterdam and Paris.

When he returned to Sweden more than five years later, he worked as an assistant to Swedish inventor Christopher Polhem (1661–1751). As a result of the association, Emanuel was introduced to Sweden’s King Charles XII (1682–1718), who was impressed with Emanuel’s intellect and arranged for him to be given a position at the Board of Mines. The appointment was significant and prestigious because at that time the mines were a vital part of Sweden’s economy. The position suited Emanuel, not only because of family connections to the mining industry, but because it gave him ample opportunities for scientific research.

After Charles XII’s death in 1718, his sister Ulrika Eleonora (1688–1741) ascended to the throne. In 1719, she ennobled the Swedberg family, changing their name to Swedenborg, the name by which Emanuel is known today.

Scientific Research

During this early period, most of Swedenborg’s intellectual energy was funneled into scientific and technical work. In the years immediately following his return to Sweden, he published a scientific journal titled Daedalus Hyperboreus. Although the journal was intended to highlight Polhem’s accomplishments, it also included a number of Swedenborg’s own ideas and inventions, including plans for a flying machine. The journal was followed by books on chemistry and physics, as well as the first book in Swedish on algebra.

Swedenborg’s first major publication was Opera Philosophica et Mineralia (Philosophical and Metallurgical Works), a three-volume set printed in 1734. Philosophical and Metallurgical Works was written in Latin and published abroad for circulation to an international audience. While the second and third volumes—one on iron and the other on copper and brass—attracted attention for their technical information on metallurgy, it was the first volume, titled Principia Rerum Naturalium (Basic Principles of Nature), that laid the philosophical groundwork for Swedenborg’s later investigations into the nature of the soul.

Philosophical and Metallurgical Works was followed by a series of books on anatomy. The first of these, the two-volume Oeconomia Regni Animalis (Dynamics of the Soul’s Domain), was published in 1740 and 1741. The first volume addresses the heart and blood; the second, the brain, nervous system, and the soul. Here again, Swedenborg was looking for a connection between the spiritual and physical worlds. Drawing on the works of contemporary scientists and philosophers, he describes a subtle spiritual fluid that permeates and sustains all living creatures, existing in a complicated interaction with the blood and the cerebrospinal fluid. The origin of life is a sustaining energy that pervades all of creation, and the source of that energy is God. Thus nature, in Swedenborg’s view, derives life in all its forms from that creative energy and would be dead without divine influence.

Although Dynamics of the Soul’s Domain sold well and received favorable reviews, Swedenborg himself wasn’t satisfied, and almost immediately began work on a series of follow-up volumes that dealt with anatomy in more depth. He published three volumes in this series, titled Regnum Animale (The Soul’s Domain), and wrote drafts of several more, but that work was interrupted by a time of spiritual crisis which would mark the beginning of his visionary period.

Spiritual Crisis

Beginning in 1743 and continuing throughout 1744, Swedenborg experienced intense dreams and visions at night, which he recorded in his personal diary. Many of them revolved around a sense of spiritual unworthiness, a feeling that he had to purify himself of sin. In one dream, a man appeared and asked him if he had a health certificate; Swedenborg interpreted this as Christ asking him if he were prepared to undertake a spiritual vocation. In another case several months later, he was thinking about his work and heard a voice say, “Hold your tongue or I will strike you!” This Swedenborg understood as a warning against immersing himself in worldly tasks on a Sunday.

The opening of his spiritual vision—by day, in a state of full wakefulness—began in April 1745, although the exact circumstances surrounding it remain mysterious and a matter of debate. From this point onward, he began to record experiences of being in contact with the spiritual world.

Swedenborg simultaneously started writing an exploration of the inner meaning of the Bible based on the new understanding he gained from his visions. In the beginning, it appears to have been difficult for him; he left the initial drafts of this exposition unpublished. In 1747, he refused a promotion that had been offered to him, instead petitioning the king to be released from his service on the Board of Mines so he could devote himself full time to theological writing.

Theological Writings

Swedenborg published his first theological work, Arcana Coelestia (Secrets of Heaven) in 1749; the eighth and final volume was published in 1756. He chose to publish the book in London, in part to avoid Sweden’s strict anti-heresy laws, but also because he felt that London was the best intellectual atmosphere for an entirely new way of looking at Scripture.

Secrets of Heaven is a verse-by-verse discussion of the inner meaning of the Bible, beginning with Genesis and then moving through Exodus. Swedenborg writes that the Bible should not be taken literally—in fact, parts of it make no sense if taken at face value—but everything written there has an inner spiritual meaning he calls a “correspondence.”

Interspersed between the chapters of commentary are explanations of principles that would become key parts of Swedenborg’s theology: the correspondence between the physical world and the spiritual world, the structure of heaven and hell and the lives of angels and devils, the interaction between the soul and body, and the interconnectedness of faith and charity.

Although it seems that Swedenborg intended to go through the entire Bible in this type of verse-by-verse exegesis, he never did so. Instead, he returned to London in 1758 with five new titles to publish: Heaven and Hell, a description of the afterlife and the lives of its inhabitants; White Horse, which talks about the inner meaning of the Bible; Other Planets, which describes the beings that live on other planets, some within and some outside our solar system; Last Judgment; and New Jerusalem. These last two refer to a unique aspect of Swedenborg’s theology.

He writes that the Last Judgment is not a future event that will mark the end of our world, but a spiritual event where evil spirits who had managed to infiltrate heaven were cast down to hell, allowing human beings on earth and in heaven to receive spiritual truths more clearly. Further, he claims to have witnessed this event in 1757, a year that marked the beginning of a new spiritual age for humankind. In New Jerusalem, he lays out the general principles for the new church that was to follow the Last Judgment.

With the exception of Last Judgment, the content of the five volumes he published in 1758 was taken from Secrets of Heaven, sometimes with very little revision. Secrets of Heaven had been published anonymously, and its initial sales were very poor. Separating elements of this magnum opus into smaller volumes may have been an attempt to make the content more accessible.

Stories of Seership

Starting in 1759, however, a series of incidents demonstrating Swedenborg’s interactions with the spirit world drew international attention. The first, in July 1759, happened while Swedenborg was attending a dinner party in the Swedish city of Göteborg. During the party, he suddenly became agitated and began describing a fire in Stockholm—more than 250 miles away—that was threatening his home. Two hours later, he reported that the fire had been extinguished three doors down from his house. It was not until two days later that messengers from Stockholm arrived in Göteborg and confirmed the details as Swedenborg had relayed them.

In 1760, the widow of the recently deceased French ambassador to Sweden was presented with a bill for a very expensive silver service her husband had bought. She was sure he had paid, but could not find the receipt. After asking Swedenborg for help, she had a dream in which her husband revealed the location of the receipt, a dream which turned out to be accurate.

In 1761, Swedenborg was presented at the court of Sweden’s Queen Louisa Ulrika (1720–1782), and she asked him to relay a particular question to her deceased brother, Prince Augustus Wilhelm of Prussia (1722–1758). Swedenborg returned to court three weeks later and gave her the answer privately, upon which she was heard to exclaim that only her brother would have known what Swedenborg had just told her.

These three well-documented incidents, in conjunction with some others, made Swedenborg the subject of conversation not just in his own country, but in continental Europe as well. The attention prompted Swedenborg to acknowledge that he was the author of the books he had written, although it was not until Marriage Love in 1768 that the books were printed with his name.

Later Works

In the years that followed the incidents described above, Swedenborg would publish several more key theological works: Divine Love and Wisdom (1763), Divine Providence (1764), Revelation Unveiled (1766), and Marriage Love (1768). Divine Love and Wisdom and Divine Providence, although published separately, could be taken as two parts of the same theme: The first deals with the nature of God, who in his essence is both love and wisdom, and—echoing Swedenborg’s earlier works on the origin of the material world—is the source of all life. Divine Providence tackles free will and the nature of evil and suffering, and describes the spiritual laws that govern the world.

Revelation Unveiled is a return to Swedenborg’s early discourse on the inner meaning of the Bible, this time examining the book of Revelation in much the same verse-by-verse format as Secrets of Heaven. Revelation Unveiled was the first book in which Swedenborg included what he called memorabilia (memorable occurrences): descriptions of encounters with angels, devils, or spirits, usually illustrating a theological point he wanted to make. These memorable occurrences were generally added to the end of a chapter and often had no apparent connection to what he had written immediately before, although in two personal letters he advised people to read the memorable occurrences before moving on to the main text.

Contrary to its title, Marriage Love deals with love between the sexes in all its aspects, including sexual relations outside of marriage. Swedenborg considered married love to be the highest form of connection between a man and a woman. He writes that the masculine and feminine aspects of human beings are complementary. In heaven, where our true natures are fully revealed, a man and a woman who share real compatibility will instantly know each other when they meet, and eventually will become joined in spirit as if they were one person. That person is not necessarily an earthly spouse. People who are in unhappy marriages on earth, or who never marry, may still find true love once they move on to heaven—a teaching that may have had personal significance for Swedenborg, who was never married.

Charges of Heresy

All of Swedenborg’s theological books were written in Latin and published outside of Sweden, most often in London or Amsterdam. This was doubtless a deliberate strategy to avoid running afoul of Sweden’s strict censorship laws, which forbade publishing anything that contradicted the teachings of the Lutheran state church. Although Swedenborg was never the direct target of an investigation, two of his followers were charged with heresy in 1769 after publishing books and articles about Swedenborg’s ideas in Swedish. During the course of the trial, Swedenborg’s published theological works also came under question. When a royal ruling was finally rendered in 1770, it was decreed that Swedenborg’s books contained errors of doctrine, but were not heretical. Swedenborg’s books were banned, and the two followers were forced out of their teaching positions.

Partly in response to the initial news of these charges, Swedenborg began work on True Christianity (1771), a systematic discussion of his theological ideas as they relate to many aspects of Christian (and specifically Lutheran) belief. In the process, he laid out a road map for the new church that he believed was to come.

Swedenborg himself expresses no desire to be revered as a prophet or to be the founder of a new religious movement; when he talks about the “new church” or the “new Jerusalem,” he is referring to a shift in the way that humanity as a whole experiences and practices religion. In various places throughout his theological books, Swedenborg describes five ages in humankind’s spiritual history, from the most ancient church, when human beings were in their spiritual infancy and were most in tune with God, to the fourth age, Christianity, when people possessed true teachings in the form of the Word (the Bible), but those teachings had gradually been corrupted by human misinterpretation. In the coming fifth age, a completely new religion would emerge in which people would have a much clearer and more direct understanding of spiritual truth.

Final Days

True Christianity was the last book Swedenborg published. Although the main text was printed in Amsterdam, Swedenborg traveled to London to publish a supplement. That supplement was not printed during his lifetime. In December 1771, while still in London, Swedenborg suffered a stroke. Though he partially recovered, he seemed to sense that he was not long for this world. In February, in response to a letter suggesting a meeting in six months, he responded that it would be impossible, because he would die on the twenty-ninth of the next month. True to his word, Swedenborg passed away on March 29, 1772, at the age of eighty-four.

Source: http://www.swedenborg.com/emanuel-sw...rg/about-life/

St. Germain alias Master R, ?, ?, Spiritual Master

Master of the Violet Flame, Chohan of the Seventh Ray

Saint Germain is the chohan of the seventh ray, sponsor of the United States of America, and master alchemist of the sacred fire who comes bearing the gift of the violet flame of freedom for world transmutation. Together with his twin flame, the ascended lady master Portia, the Goddess of Justice, he is the hierarch of the Aquarian age. He is the great sponsor of freedom's flame, while Portia is the sponsor of the flame of justice. The name Saint Germain comes from the Latin Sanctus Germanus, meaning simply “Holy Brother.”

As chohan, or lord, of the seventh ray, Saint Germain initiates our souls in the science and ritual of transmutation through the violet flame. Saint Germain and Portia deliver to the people of God the dispensation for the seventh age and the seventh ray—the violet ray of freedom, justice, mercy, alchemy and sacred ritual—a new lifewave, a new civilization, a new energy.

The Strauss waltzes carry the vibration of the violet flame and will help to put you in tune with Saint Germain. The Rakoczy March, by Franz Liszt, carries the flame of his heart and the formula of the violet flame. His electronic pattern is the Maltese cross; his fragrance, that of violets.

Master Saint Germain, Seventh Ray, and the Violet Flame

Violet Flame Mantra by Saint Germain for transmuting personal and planetary past errors in thought, feeling and action.

I AM a being of violet fire,

I AM the purity God desires.

Diplomats, priests of the sacred fire, actors, writers and defenders of freedom serve with Saint Germain on the seventh ray.

Initiation of the Seat-of-the Soul Chakra

Gifts of the Holy Spirit: gift of Prophecy and the Working of Miracles

Etheric Retreats: The Cave of Symbols, Table Mountain, Wyoming, USA; Transylvania, Romania

Vibration: Violet, Purple, Pink, Aqua, Teal

Gemstone: Amethyst, Diamond, Aquamarine

Quality: Freedom, Alchemy, Justice, Diplomacy, Transmutation

Day: Saturday

Saint Germain's Previous Lifetimes

As high priest of the Violet Flame Temple on the mainland of Atlantis thirteen thousand years ago, Saint Germain sustained by his invocations and his causal body a pillar of fire, a veritable fountain of violet singing flame, which magnetized people from near and far who came to be set free from every binding condition of body, mind and soul. This they achieved by self-effort through the offering of invocations and the practice of seventh-ray rituals to the sacred fire.

Saint Germain was embodied as the prophet Samuel; Saint Joseph; Saint Alban, the first martyr of Britain; Merlin—alchemist, prophet and counselor to King Arthur. More recently, Saint Germain was Roger Bacon, Christopher Columbus and, in his final lifetime, Sir Francis Bacon. Francis Bacon, who has been called the greatest mind the West ever produced, is known as the father of inductive reasoning and the scientific method. His soul entered the ritual of the ascension from the Rakoczy Mansion, retreat of the Great Divine Director, on May 1, 1684.

Ascended Master Saint Germain Sponsors Spiritual Organizations

In the twentieth century, Saint Germain stepped forth once again to sponsor an outer activity of the Great White Brotherhood. In the early 1930s, he contacted Guy Ballard whom he trained as a messenger and who, under the pen name of Godfré Ray King, released the foundation of Saint Germain's instruction for the New Age in the books Unveiled Mysteries, The Magic Presence and The “I AM” Discourses.

In 1961 Saint Germain contacted Mark L. Prophet, and founded the Keepers of the Flame® Fraternity to quicken all who had originally come to earth with Sanat Kumara—to serve as world teachers and ministering servants in their families, communities and nations at this critical hour of the turning of cycles.

Meditation upon Saint Germain

“On the sabbath of the seventh ray, you greet the Master of the Aquarian age: Saint Germain, friend of old, I am honored at thy presence here! So may I know the cosmic honor flame that is entwined with strands of gold and violet as elementals weave a garland of praise to the Knight Commander of my heart. And you tarry before the alchemist of the Spirit who has come to teach you the science of the amethyst ray and the ritual of grace that will be the law for the next two thousand years.”—Djwal Kul, from the meditation, The Hidden Chamber of the Heart.

Source: http://www.summitlighthouse.org/saint-germain/

Show more