2013-09-19

Hia People,

I've had this car since 2006 and put a lot of time and effort into it to make it the way I wanted it while keeping it as my daily driver, and been stalling in selling it for about 2 years... Since last summer I've had bodywork redone on it, but it's time to let it go for something bigger to accomodate one more family member that's due in a couple of weeks :)

To see all of the pictures, please click here:
http://makemilk.com/wtb/240sx

"The not so good":

-Tires are crap - they have tread but at least 2 got leaks even after I had the guys at walmart replace valves and test them. There is no vibrations on highway when you drive but would need to replace these as the pressure drops after a few days and need to pump them up again to specs.

-Typical rust spots on a 240 underneath the car where oil spray didn't cover over the years. Body work has been done on it so most of it is good. Structurally shouldn't have issues passing safety.

-On passenger side, bottom plastic part of the door was burned (covered by black tape - please see pictures) and some carpet had to be recut due to welding accident back in 2008 when our welder forgot to pop open the door when doing body work underneath.

"The good":

-Very Reliable. Car drives very well. I drive it back and forth between Markham / Mississauga / Hamilton / Waterloo couple of times throughout the week. Vacuum at 21-22 hG at idle.

-Clutch is strong and acceleration feels snappy (very little lag and no bogging).

-New windshield (highway truck pebble put a crack in the old one a year ago).

Suspension:

-Stock shocks with Eibach lowering springs.

-Rear sway bar from 240sx SE model (most base models lack this feature from what I understand).

-Front strut bar.

-Rear cusco strut bar.

Engine:

-Fully rebuilt KA24DE with over 60,000 km on it - my daily driver.

-ARP head studs / Felpro headgasket.

-Clevite bearings.

-Altima low comp pistons 9.2:1 (vs 240's 9.5:1).

-Head rebuild (new seals).

-Routed blowby system / crankcase catch can.

Turbo:

-T25 turbo running at 7 psi.

-FMIC: Lancer Evo II

-BOV: Turbonetics Raptor, recirculated

Exhaust:

-Upgraded STAINLESS STEEL exhaust (circuit sports), Bing's downpipe with magnaflow catalytic converter (fairly quiet full 3" exhaust from turbo all the way through the muffler).

Fuel management / delivery / gauges:

-Tuning: Safc2 / LC-1 Wideband (has port for logging/laptop; have cable & software for it).

-Walbro fuel pump, 370cc injectors (SR).

-N60 mafs.

-Autometer II gauges: boost / vacuum, oil pressure, wideband O2

-Defi fuel pressure gauge.

-Greddy turbo timer.

-Knocklite XS.

Transmission / braking:

-Clutch: 350z f1 stage 3 (6 puck) / rb20det lightened flywheel (bigger surface, better grip). GRIPS VERY WELL but is also drivable.

-Upgraded brakes for much better stopping power (Q45 front brakes).

Interior:

-Tomei Personal steering wheel.

-Megan Racing Short shifter.

-Comes with pioneer stereo, has aftermarket speakers but they are sony I think (not too great sounding).

Other:

-Custom cruise control button setup.

-Dual altima electric fans (temperature auto-controlled).

-Removed IACV to prevent boost leak and ECU messing with AFR's (idles around 900 rpm warm). Oil blowby routed to catchcan (reliable way of preventing the boost of crankcase).

-A/C was removed (both good and bad: lighter car - good; hot weather - bad).

-Upgraded alternator (Nissan Quest Alternator - 110 amps vs stock 80/90 amps) to give out more power for electrical accessories such as music amp, etc.

SOLD AS IS. Price: $5100.

If interested, please contact me through private message on this forum. Thanks guys!

Willing to part out? :( No way.

Show more