Req ID: 15851BR
As a key member of Aetnas software security team, the Software Security Engineer joins in the execution and delivery of planned software security program deliverables and milestones across Aetnas software development and business departments. The role involves educating business units in understanding software security program controls, assisting with the technical implementation of security controls, and assisting with the management of control adoption. The Software Security Engineer typically has task responsibility within several program control areas. The Software Security Engineer continuously learns and expands his/her technical competence while making themselves and their team indispensable advisors to the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess expertise in several of the following areas:
- Software Development Methodologies
- Source Code Analysis
- Software Penetration Testing
- Architecture Security Analysis
- Secure Software Design and Architecture
- Application Reverse Engineering
- Network Security Analysis
- Database Security Analysis
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Information Technology/Security/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application development/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application architecture/1-3 Years
Technology/Creating Technology Partnerships/MASTERY
Technology/Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions/MASTERY
Leadership/Collaborating for Results/MASTERY
Leadership/Developing and Executing Strategy/ADVANCED
Leadership/Anticipating and Innovating/MASTERY
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical skills
- Web application software development and/or system programming experience preferable
- Familiarity with software security vulnerability assessment techniques during design, development and testing
- Familiarity with software attack and defense techniques
- Familiarity with the OWASP, CWE, and other application security industry initiatives
- Experience with Java and .NET programming languages
- Experience conducting secure code reviews preferable
- Experience performing web application penetration testing preferable
- Experience with multiple OS such as Linux, Mac OSX, iOS, Blackberry, Android, or Windows
- Experience with tools such as HP Fortify, IBM AppScan, Sonatype, and Qualys WAS a plus
- Experience with mainframe environments a plus
- Consulting skills
- Ability to interface with business leaders and middle management, utilizing program management and negotiating skills
- Ability to undertake and complete tasks independently, meet schedules and delivery timelines, and to move swiftly from concepts and theory to action.
- Team-oriented skills
- Ability to lead multiple project teams; give directions and ensure that tasks are executed consistently
- Project Management skills
- People: You can lead a team, give direction and ensure tasks are executed consistently.
- Projects: You can demonstrate the ability to plan, execute and closeout multi-person projects
- Written communication skills for use in preparing formal documentation, proposals, white papers, and case studies
- Verbal skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts, be persuasive and to deliver presentation and training to all levels of management
Please note that benefit eligibility may vary by position. Clickhereto review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna does not permit the use of tobacco related products or drugs in the workplace.
Job Function: Information Technology