I do not have a huge number of feeds, but don't always get around to reading them. I recently found that most of the feeds had not been updated for more than four weeks, with just the odd feed having recent activity.
I cannot see anywhere documented a limit on the number of items that feedreader can have, but I found that by doing a "Clean Up Database" from database information and choosing just a few days for "Clean up Articles older than" I could suddenly get data into many of my feeds which did not update at all when I selected update.
When the feeds did not update I did not get any error messages - just no new messages in the feeds - even though I knew that these feeds were working and had new messages in them.
The database statistics for the database - after the clean up - are:
- Channels: 33
- Database size: 42 MB
- Enclosuers size: 2057 MB
- News in database: 1934
- Unread news: 1924
- Starred news: 0
Any tips on what I'm doing wrong - I feel that there should be an error message if data is available in a feed but feedreader cannot (for whatever reason) add it to the database.